2. 21. 2020 Advanced English Writing Class Essay

Main Question: A dream?
Don't you want to be a star? I always wanted the life full of attention and applaud, just like Beyonce or Justin Bieber. People watched them on TV and listened to their music, making some replies and reactions. But most importantly, celebrities could give influences to the public. They could change the world. Compared to them, I was just nothing. Nobody except my family or friends recognized me. If this happens until I die, maybe I would be no more historically important then random dust. Just like other stars, I dreamed of influencing the world. I dreamed of changing the world. I dreamed to be a star. To do that, initially, I needed fans.
And who could be my fan? I didn't have a big studio with nice instruments that can produce a billboard chart music. From the perspective of producing music, what I could do was recording me playing cello in the orchestra with the shoddy phone recorder. I thought I wouldn't gain any kind of popularity in this situation. However, my first fan came out at an unexpected moment, and at that moment, they taught me that everyone could be a star.



The moment was after the long-lasted waiting for the end of the orchestra concert. The piece we played was 'Morning, Noon, and Night in Vienna.' It had a 2-minute cello solo part, where I had to concentrate all audiences' ears to my sound. When the 'Fa' pizzicato of strings signaled my solo's beginning, I slid down the note from C to the A# and my bow swung slowly. So soon, the solo was finished. I did some mistakes, and it made me so unsatisfactory on myself and put me in a deep frustration that the rest of the concert went by in a flash.
Even after packing my cello inside the case, I trudged to the parking lot. While I was finding my mom's car, suddenly, an old couple approached me. Then, magically, they called me and said, "Thank you for the great music! You presented a beautiful midnight with your cello." It was sensational. Technically, they were my first fan! Maybe I made some mistakes, but it was okay. I was not the best cellist in the world, but I was the best at that midnight for that old couple, more influential than Beyonce or Justin Bieber. At that moment, I was a real star.
So at that moment, I could understand the answer to the great question, "don't you want to be a star." Yes, I do, but the answer is a little bit different. I now realize that every star doesn't have to be famous. I now realize that every star doesn't have to be the best in the world. Rather, people can be a star if they can be the best of the moment. You who are reading this essay would be a star to somebody. Or maybe to me, if you accept me into Stanford after reading this essay.

댓글

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

2019.9.9

Seating on the priority seat

IMHO : AI should be embraced rather than feared. There is far more to be gained than lost, and it is worth all the risk