Inspired by image in Designersparty: The thing that even time cannot change


     This is the image of Haeundae beach, taken from the left side, heading to the right side where the Westin Chosun Hotel is. I could not stop surprising because that is the place where I used to visit for almost 15 years since I lived in Busan. The Hotel was built in 1978, therefore, at least 30 years are passed from this picture is taken, and that brought me the point to write this post.

     What I really surprised was that it really didn't change. It is just the same scene when we go there. Of course, clothes and some details are changed, but the atmosphere is the same. 30 years were gone but the way people enjoy the beach did not change. Humans didn't change, and I then reached to the point that humans are the thing that even time cannot change. Every human, old generation or new, is the same, in front of the beach. Individuals can change, but to think of a group of people, they tend to seem like same human group. Maybe that's because of the instinct embedded on DNA, or just culture dependency. The important thing is that humans didn't change. It is a new inspirational thought to me.

     I would have not thought of the title if it weren't for Westin Chosun Hotel and my memory in Busan. The discovery of that image was so lucky. Thanks for the photographer, for bringing me an inspiration.

댓글

  1. Very true. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I've stayed in this hotel before, and even visiting Busan after a year or two there is always a huge change. I'm happy to see at least one student choose to be inspired by the Designer Party materials. Your writing is really philosophical, and even though it isn't grammatically perfect, the more you write in this vein the more that will develop. Good stuff.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

2019.9.9

Seating on the priority seat

IMHO : AI should be embraced rather than feared. There is far more to be gained than lost, and it is worth all the risk