Pursuit of dream: Soccer player

Napoli Fans shouting out Gonzalo Higuain After he scores a goal. It gives me extreme excitement of Adrenaline, and reason to be a soccer player.

     Half of my middle school life was playing soccer. Every recess time, lunchtime, and time after school is done, I played soccer every day. After I got home, I watched youtube channels about soccer. My primary interests at that time were developing new dribble skills, studying tactics, and practicing technics. Soccer was why I go to school. I really admired soccer players like Messi, Ozil, Di Maria, Modric, Higuain, and so many other players. I wanted to score a goal in front of 50,000 people shouting my name, have a 100M annual income, and be an idol of worldwide children. But above all, the best reason was that playing soccer was always happy.

     My friend wondered when did I study to go to KMLA because I did not spend a lot of time to study, but played soccer every day with them. I could make it because I studied every night working on math and science problems. It was a hard life that I really wanted to quit being a normal student and start training to become a soccer player. However, I knew it is too late and my body is not apt to become a soccer player in English Premier League, even not in K-League. Despite that, soccer was the happiest thing for me, so I tried to play soccer as good as pro players. Luckily, there was one teacher who learned soccer a lot and many friends who are big fans of soccer, I could have some training in middle school.

    The training was hard. I had to wake up at 6 and go to school in order to have soccer training. Since I was a senior, I had to study more and more and it made me hard to wake up at 6 every morning. Soon, I could not go to training anymore. Therefore, when my team had a competition game my playtime was not guaranteed, which was just 5 minutes per game. I was in a situation that of being interrupted at pursuing my happiness because I had to study. It was terrible and I thought about my dream.

     What is my real dream? I studied without goals, and soccer was what made me happy. Being a soccer player was a dream way too far, and studying was an optimal choice at the time. I blamed my parents for not taking me to the youth soccer academy of Busan I-Park, but I had to be realistic that not even 1% of total soccer players have my dream life. Maybe playing soccer in a Sunday league would be enough for me to pursue happiness. Studying was making my future safe, and middle school senior was not an appropriate age to bet a life. Eventually, I went to KMLA. I still play soccer here, and it is quite satisfying. To give up being a soccer player wasn't a bad choice, and life in KMLA introduced another field of happiness to me.

     I still remember the color of the sky when I played soccer in middle school. Half blue and half red, clouds flowing; It was so beautiful. And the breeze is soft, especially when I dribble, the wind made me think that I am running like 30 km/h. The only fact that I am in that place made the moment the happiest time. Then the ball came, I dribbled, beat one defender, two, three, four and five simultaneously, and in front of the goalpost deceived goalkeeper, and... goal. Adrenaline jetted out from the tiptoe to head, that happiness overwhelmed my body. I don't regret to not become a soccer player, but I draw someday of myself playing soccer with my old friends, and scoring a goal against a rival team in Sunday League,

댓글

  1. Pretty solid sports essay. I am glad to see this here but must warn you - do not write your college essay about sports - especially soccer. They are the most difficult to write and usually the least fruitful. They are usually extremely boring even if the reader actually likes soccer. So - write this essay now so you don't have to write it next year. ; )

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

2019.9.9

Seating on the priority seat

IMHO : AI should be embraced rather than feared. There is far more to be gained than lost, and it is worth all the risk