Life of Jacob Collier

In the bleak midwinter - Jacob Collier

     I once had a dream of a musician, specifically a jazz musician. I always imagined the form of music that I wanted to create and thought no one in the world would think the same as me. However, I happened to find this guy, a young talented musician who was creating music of the exact one I was secretly preparing. I was a total shock. That was my music.

     He had everything that musicians needed. Awesome voice, video editing skills, a perfect pitch that can sense a cent wrong, freely playing instruments including almost everything, creativity, and mostly, perfect understanding of usage in chords. I was so jealous of him that he had everything at the age of 22, for example, a Grammy award,  while I achieved nothing. I researched him, and I found that his family was a musical family. His mother - a conductor in the London Philharmonic Orchestra - taught everything on music and soon young Jacob started a life of a Jazz artist. He was a lucky boy.

     I admitted he is better than me when I found his piece that used microtone. Microtone is using sounds somewhere between conventional 12 tones. It was a real talent, and I could never do that. In the bleak midwinter is that piece. He made an amazing mood by using microtones and the arrangement was awesome. He was the only one who could do that in the world.

     I set my goal to be a Jacob Collier; The essence of the goal didn't change but it became specific. I once said I will work on music on weekends. I will do that and thank you Jacob Collier, you gave me great inspiration.

댓글

  1. Are you a member of BAR? You should join and see if KMLA students can make a similar project as this guy. Could be a unique and fun challenge.

    답글삭제

댓글 쓰기

이 블로그의 인기 게시물

2019.9.9

Seating on the priority seat

IMHO : AI should be embraced rather than feared. There is far more to be gained than lost, and it is worth all the risk